Thursday, April 08, 2010
What are we doing?
Frankly, I don't get this one. The Obama administration has issued a new policy on how we will use nuclear weapons.
It goes like this, according to Michael Goodwin:
"It is one thing to hope the rest of the world will go along if we tie both hands behind our back.
It is quite another to behave as though all mankind is already on board the Peace Train.
Obama told The Times the United States would promise not to use nukes against a country that doesn't have them, even if that country first attacks us with chemical or biological weapons.
He said there would be exceptions -- he cited Iran and North Korea -- because they have violated nonproliferation treaties."
Thank God that Iran and North Korea are not in the mix! Don't you sleep better now?
My concern is that Pres BO does not understand that the US is not the problem.
Our nuclear weapons, and our bi-partisan willingness to retaliate completely and swiftly, have been the chief reason for peace in the world.
Trust me. No one in Paris is worried about a US nuclear attack. No one in the free world is worried that the US is going to take out a city because we disagree with their vote at the UN.
Trust me again. This is going to send the wrong message to our allies! They will doubt whether we will defend them.
So I don't get it!
Former Speaker Gingrich got this one right:
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
- ► 2012 (573)
- ► 2011 (857)
- Did I just hear that Iran will be on a women's com...
- A lot of hypocrisy to go around on the reaction to...
- This is about a border out of control!
- BO's border logic: Let's violate NAFTA and close t...
- Have the critics actually read the Arizona bill?
- A VAT or a cut in spending?
- Remember when BO-Care was going to lower costs?
- Monday morning thoughts
- Iran and Latin America
- Phoenix is turning into Juarez....AND....that is w...
- Did I hear that Karen Carpenter would have turned ...
- Dear ladies: The greatest song about a man who lov...
- Too many people were foolish enough to believe wha...
- Don't blame Arizona because Pres BO can not get a ...
- What exactly is Blago up to AND why is he going af...
- Let's talk about Mexico with Patrick Corcoran
- You will see everything in a baseball game!
- The tea parties are rooted on a rejection of the w...
- Remember when it was patriotic to march and call P...
- What happens when BO is more interested in creatin...
- Remember Mr Blow of The NY Times?
- Let's chat with Dan Riehl about the tea parties!
- Iran needs to know that we will attack, with or wi...
- "Hope and change" is now the face of a very unpopu...
- The Rangers forgot to play baseball in New York!
- It's sad but Charles Blow just wants to see skin c...
- BO is making Bush look better every day!
- Iran and other Sunday night thoughts
- Remembering Linda McCartney
- The two Obamas---the popular in DC and unpopular o...
- April, my brother and The Bee Gees many years ago!...
- Where are the anti-war demonstrations now that BO ...
- Who is marching in the tea parties?
- What if there is no 'global warming" after all?
- And now a word about April 15th!
- We are running a US$ 1.4 trillion deficit.....and ...
- Let's talk with Mario about the US debt and VAT!
- Is Illinois about to become the new California or ...
- How much longer can we live in a country where the...
- Obesity in Mexico? Sra. Calderon should remind Mrs...
- Sunday night thoughts on the radio!
- Weird to drive by and see no Texas Stadium!
- Dear Carlos Slim: Please pull the plug on The NY T...
- "Ticket to ride" released 45 years ago!
- Let's talk with Tom Skybosh from Milwaukee!
- Thank you Mike Modano!
- Let's talk with Cassy Fiano!
- A VAT in our future?
- What are we doing?
- Be careful about attacking the tea parties.....you...
- Milwaukee Brewers: 40 years ago and still my favor...
- Opening day and Rangers are in first place!
- "Hope and change" and your tax refund!
- A chat with Israel Ortega of The Heritage Foundati...
- How can the biggest ChiSox fan not know the name o...
- BO needs to work on releasing the ball!
- Dear Dems: Why all of the selective indignation?
- BO 15 months later: It was a lot easier being a ca...
- Baseball 2010
- Happy Easter Sunday for you & family
- Did I hear on the radio that Agnetha Fältskog will...
- Our chat with Prof Bonevac about BO-Care
- Mike Cuellar, 1937-2010
- The amazing story of Iraq continues!
- We remember Good Friday!
- April Fools' Day: US like Argentina?
- Did anyone read this bill?
- ▼ April (67)
- ► 2009 (1364)
- ► 2008 (1272)
- ► 2007 (1158)
- ► 2006 (1045)
- ► 2005 (400)